Sunday, June 11, 2017

Instagram Round-up, Part 3

I've also realized that I've totally slacked on my "Instagram Round-Ups", for those of you not following me on Instagram. (Probably most of you?) Here's a small selection:


[Original] Caption: ...when I first arrived, I couldn't get over how funny I thought these cows looked, with their droopy bunny ears, humpback, and neck flap. And to be honest, that enjoyment hasn't faded. Say "hello"to this fella!


[Original] Caption: The rain has returned. [Addendum] Rainy season hasn't yet begun full-throttle, but it's coming soon, says the experts. It's raining at least four days a week, enough that some farmers have begun to plant their rice crop, enough that ponds and ditches are filling up, enough that the countryside is returning to a brilliant emerald green. 


Caption: This graffiti was taken in a neighborhood that's been painted with graffiti- and, as graffiti often is, the messages ranged from colorful cartoons to political statements. For me, this graffiti doesn't need any caption, any translation. 


[Original] Caption: Sometimes, trying to pick just ONE photo to share is just so difficult. Enjoy this waterfall! They said it only has a little water because it's the dry season. [Addendum] This photo was taken during our YAGM Spring Retreat in March on an excursion up Bokor Mountain. 


[Original] Caption: I'm not 100% convinced this tree was actually a tree... 


[Edited] Caption: In awe as I consider that the sun sets here in Kampot at the same time it's rising back in the States. My sunset is their sunrise. (Also, that's fact-checked. The sunrise/sunset times differ by mere minutes.)


[Original] Caption: Infinity. 


[Original] Caption: កម្ពុជាស្អាត [Translated] Beautiful Cambodia


[Original] Caption: I have a Christmas Easter Tree. The end. [Addendum] This tree (and nativity scene) was set-up late February or early March, added to in late April, and yes, is still proudly standing. 

With love from Cambodia,
KMJ

P.S. I really will post photos to FB for everyone to see, but I haven't had strong enough internet nor the photos on the correct devices to post. So, most likely, allllll my photos will be posted after I return to the States. I hope you'll still peruse them and listen to my stories then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment