Monday, September 19, 2016

Biding Your Time

Hi all,

So I'm still settling into Kampot...  and still establishing a means of regular internet connection.

First things first, Cambodia is a beautiful country, filled with beautiful people. As I struggle with language acquisition, I am ever-grateful that a simple smile transcends any language barrier. Life has been wonderful; life has been challenging; life has had ups; life has had downs. I've had moments of humbling experiences. I've had moments of joy.

I anticipate the day when I begin to tell my story of my journey in Cambodia. For now, I'm still searching for the words, for the way to encapsulate my experience in a blog post, or a newsletter, or an email... For now, I'm witnessing life, and taking a few pictures along the way.

While I'm busy collecting my thoughts (and finding the opportunity to connect to the internet and publish said thoughts), I encourage you to read blog posts from my fellow YAGM in Cambodia, as well as the blog post by our country coordinators, Jen and Matt. You can find links to their blogs on the sidebar of my main page.

Amanda, Kurt, Rachel, and Savannah serve with Life with Dignity
Ashley, Lindsay, and Mallory serve with the Lutheran Church in Cambodia
Jen and Matt live in Phnom Penh


In future posts, I'll share more about these lovely individuals and the partner organizations OR perhaps I can get one or two to guest-post and tell you about it themselves! Meanwhile, please peruse their blogs.

I wish peace, blessings, and love to you all. When you smile today, remember it's more than a reflex or coordinated muscular movement; remember, and recognize, the power it holds to brighten someone's life and the power it has, especially when words fail.

Love,
KMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment